About the position
As a Java Software Engineer, you will design and develop dynamic, highly scalable solutions to real business problems, build new features, implement useful API methods, and increase the reliability of our software continuously.
You will be part of an agile development team and work with highly skilled professionals. This team is fully responsible for the whole development process from refining the requirements to architecture, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of the solution.
We use Java for the backend, as a framework, we use Spring and Spring Boot, and for the frontend, we use Angular. Additionally for the communication between microservices, transactions across them, action and effects, testing, monitoring, we’re using technologies such as Kafka, E2E test, Spring Cloud Gateway, Eureka, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
Code reviews, knowledge sharing, exploration, and innovation are a part of the team culture. You are welcome to suggest and bring other technologies to the stack.
- Providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle;
- Satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of high-quality software;
- Direct communication with the client to collect feedback and identify requirements for the next project iterations.
- Collaboration with the other team members and sectors, such as UI/UX, QA, and DevOps.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- The more working experience in Java development the better
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java Spring Boot platforms
- Experience with Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and ORM technologies (Hibernate)
- Experience with Angular
- Understanding in building highly available production services, including deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling
- Understanding of Java API integration technologies and practical experience with CI/CD and DevOps
- Ability to design and develop applications in Microservice Architecture
About the project:
A modern and innovative application for the tourism and hospitality industry in one of the most promising and attractive tourist destinations in the world - Iceland & Scandinavia.
Our challenge is to create a flexible, scalable, and robust software with different modules decoupled in form of microservices, and that interoperates with almost all the external services of the industry, making it unique among other property management systems.
- We offer open-minded and extremely creative culture defined by open communication and fair feedback
- Competitive salary to match your talent. It will be based on your personal experience and skills.
In the current situation...
- We continue working without incidents, 100% remotely. For now, we will continue in this modality until further notice since what matters most to us is the safety of our people.
- Time flexibility promoting conciliation at this time.
- We have adapted our onboarding program so that you have the best possible virtual reception.
- Stick together! Get to know your colleagues in the activities that we organize periodically. We hold dailies, meetings, announcements, coffee breaks...Even though we are working remotely, we are more connected than ever!
- Job stability and projection. We value people and we want you to grow with us!
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to work with great professionals on very challenging tasks, while exploring and evaluating new ideas and technologies.